This calculator provides an estimate of the Realty Transfer Fee (RTF) that you will need to pay when you sell real property in NJ. Enter your home’s sales price & click calculate.*
*Qualifying senior citizens: blind or disabled persons; property that is low/moderate income housing may be subject to partial exemptions.
The “Exit Tax” is not an additional tax or even a new tax. It is a pre-payment of the possible taxes owed on the sale of your property.
The NJ mansion tax is a one percent fee that applies to sales of properties over $1 million.
Selecting a Real Estate Consultant who will represent you in the marketing and sale of your home may be one of the most important decisions of your life.
This selection process is just as important as selecting any other professional such as your family doctor or attorney. That individual selected should be working for you, keeping at all times your best interest in mind. The following are a handful of market considerations that should always be discussed with your realtor.
* Am I selecting a REALTOR on services or price?
* Is the local market rising, falling, or staying even?
* Is my initial marketing position based on the market study?
* How many homes in this area are competing against mine right now?
* Have any neighboring homes been on the market too long? Why?
* Is my home consistent with larger or smaller than the surrounding area homes?
* Which improvements have I made since purchase, will actually increase value? Which improvements won’t?
* Are my financial needs or original purchase price influencing my asking price?
* What is my gain by buying up in the present market?
* Are the benefits of moving important enough to price my home at market value?
* Put all cat & dog toys, beds and equipment away
* Replace all light bulbs that are out
* Remove personal pictures. 1-2 are ok, but others should be put away
* In bathrooms & kitchen, please clear countertops of soap dispensers & sponges. Countertops should be clear to show the amount of space
* Cars need to be on the street for all pictures, they cannot be shown in photos
* If winter, all driveways & sidewalks should be shoveled clear of ice and snow
* If summer, the lawn should be cut & all toys removed from the yard
* Put jewelry/precious possessions away out of sight
* Put all personal papers away out of sight
* Window blinds should all be at the same level
* Photograph your property with up to 50 professional photos
* Write inviting ad copy describing your property, to accompany all marketing materials
* Post your property to our Multiple Listing System, which syndicates to 1200+ sites
* Place a globally recognized sign on your property
* Introduce your property to our agents
* Create a pictorial Virtual Tour of your property that is displayed on all Christie’s websites & syndicated on Internet
* Virtual tours posted as a pictorial video of your property on YouTube
* Announce your property on Twitter, with the ability to re-tweet any time
* Place your property on exclusive global brand cascading website which populates all affiliate sites
* Place your property on our local company website promoting local, New Jersey, NY Metro area
national & global brand exposure
* Place your property on my website
* Market your property on exclusive real estate focused websites
* Market your property 24/7 on-line with media Powerhouses NYT.com and WSJ.com
* Create a dynamic direct mail “Just Listed” campaign
* Create and distribute a custom marketing “Property Brochure” of your property
* Send email invites & host “Broker” exclusive Open House to drive further local & Monmouth County REALTOR® awareness
* If requested, host public Open Houses to drive public awareness and market locally
* Preview your property to all interested REALTORS®.
* Provide you with a monthly report of on-line property inquiries statistics.
* Manage all inquiries & responses relating to the marketing of your property
* Provide regular market updates on comparable properties in your area
* Post your listing on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter
* Post listing on Christie’s 14 office Facebook pages
Copyright © 2023 Elaine Eadon - All Rights Reserved.
All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Some of the data relating to real estate for sale on this website is provided in part by the IDX program of the Monmouth Ocean Regional Multiple Listing Service. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The property information provided on this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing or renting. © MORMLS. All rights reserved.
Member Equal Housing Opportunity
Member of the National Association of REALTORS®